ACL has received a range of media coverage in the past week on topics such as our concerns over NSW same-sex adoption legislation and mooted euthanasia laws, as well as our support for ISP filtering.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- Last Friday ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was interviewed by the World Today on ABC radio about the NSW same-sex adoption legislation and a renewed push for gay marriage. Please click here for a transcript. A similar article ran on ABC radio news.
- ACL’s Northern Territory Director Tristan Hatcher is quoted urging politicians to reject mooted euthanasia laws in an article in Tuesday’s Northern Territory News. Tristan is also quoted on this issue in the Australian Conservative.
- ACL’s opposition to the introduction of an R18+ classification for video games is referred to in an editorial in Tuesday’s Hobart Mercury.
- ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton is quoted on the ARN website last Friday regarding ACL’s support for the internet filter.
- Yesterday’s Herald Sun included a very negative article about the ACL written from a columnist who is heavily in favour of same-sex adoption and objects to the ACL getting involved with the issue. A number of reader comments in response to the article highlight the writer’s double-standards on the issue.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Jim Wallace interviewed by David Gibbons about concerns over parliament passing of the NSW same-sex adoption bill and the possible effects of the federal alliance between the Gillard Government, the Independents and the Greens. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- This week’s political spot (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) reviews last week’s decision by the NSW Parliament to pass same-sex adoption laws, as well as taking a look at what the new Gillard Government’s alliance with the Greens and Independents will mean for Christians. There’s also an interview with the Director of Compass Australia, David Yates, about a program for training future Christian leaders. Click here to listen.
- On Friday, Jim Wallace was interviewed by Sonshine FM Christian News in WA about the NSW same-sex adoption bill and the new Gillard Government.
- On Monday morning Jim Wallace was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.
- ACL’s opposition to the NSW same-sex adoption bill is referred to in an article posted on the Same Same website last Friday.