ACL’s ‘Make it Count Victoria’ event, as well as the Greens’ moves on euthanasia and same-sex marriage, have generated most of ACL’s media coverage in the past week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- Last Friday night ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward was interviewed by ABC Victoria’s Stateline television program regarding the ‘Make it Count Victoria’ event held that night. Please click here to watch the video footage or read the transcript.
- Rob Ward was also quoted on the topic of ‘Make it Count Victoria’ in last Friday’s The Age and Australian Associated Press and was interviewed on Friday morning by Rhema FM Geelong. In addition, ‘Make it Count Victoria’ and the Premier’s change of plans are also referred to in last Saturday’s The Age, and last Saturday’s Herald Sun.
- ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace is quoted in Monday’s The Australian regarding concerns over Greens’ Leader Bob Brown’s mooted euthanasia bill.
- Yesterday (Wednesday) morning, Rob Ward was interviewed by the ABC Melbourne radio ‘mornings’ program regarding ACL’s opposition to a Greens bill to legalise same-sex marriage.
- ACL was referred to yesterday in an article by The Australian about the Prime Minister and the Governor-General not attending the church service to make the start of parliament.
- ACL’s opposition to same-sex marriage is referred to in an article in last weekend’s Sun-Herald.
- ACL WA Director Michelle Pearse is quoted in a front page article in the September edition of The Advocate Christian newspaper in WA regarding children being bombarded by a sexualised media environment.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Jim Wallace interviewed by Tania about euthanasia, the NSW drug-injecting room, and the Prime Minister recent comments about her pre-election promises. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- This week’s ‘Political Spot’ (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward about the recent ‘Make it Count Victoria’ event and advances achieved for the Christian constituency through it. There’s also a special interview with Chris van der Spek, a young graduate of the ACL-Compass program for training Christian leaders. Please click here to download the September 28 edition of the ‘Political Spot’.
- On Monday morning Jim Wallace was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.