ACL has received a wide range of coverage in the media during the past week, primarily on the gay marriage debate, ethics classes in NSW, and our campaign against the introduction of R18+ video games.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- Last Friday ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was interviewed by Radio 2UE in Sydney about the Prime Minister’s commitment to the Christian constituency to maintain marriage as being between a man and a woman. He was also quoted in last Friday’s The Australian regarding Christian concerns on this issue.
- ACL was referred to in an article on gay marriage in Monday’s Sydney Morning Herald.
- On Monday ACL NSW Director David Hutt was quoted in an Australian Associated Press article regarding ACL’s concerns over ethics classes being taught in competition to Scripture classes.
- David Hutt was quoted in an Australian Associated Press article on Tuesday welcoming the Opposition’s commitment to scrap the ethics classes if it wins office. He was also interviewed on this topic by Sonshine FM in WA and Radio 2SM in Sydney.ACL’s concerns about the ethics classes and our ‘Save our Scripture’ campaign were referred to in an article in the Time magazine website on Tuesday and yesterday’s Manly Daily.
- Last Sunday night ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was interviewed by Sheridan Voysey for his Open House program (broadcast on most metropolitan Christian radio stations) regarding the gay marriage debate. Click here to listen to the interview.
- ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward was quoted in last weekend’s Sunday Herald Sun regarding concerns about an anti-Christian song featured on a Christmas CD.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees ACL Public Relations Manager Glynis Quinlan interviewed by David Gibbons about a Senate inquiry into the classification scheme, the plight of Iraqi Christians and the Victorian election. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- Rob Ward was interviewed by Rhema FM 96.3 in Geelong about the Victorian election.
- ACL’s ‘R18+ no game’ campaign is referred to in an article on the Kotaku website and in Escapist Magazine.
- This week’s ‘Political Spot’ presented by Glynis Quinlan (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL Research Officer Ben Williams about a range of topics – including a review of the Classification Scheme and the current debate over gay marriage. There’s also an interview with the new ACL Queensland Director Josh O’Rourke about his new job, his past roles and some of the issues he cares strongly about. Please click here to download the November 16 edition of the ‘Political Spot’.
- ACL’s call for communities to show their support for marriage was given coverage by the Australian Conservative and Christian Today Australia. ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton was also interviewed on this issue by Sonshine FM Christian News.
- On Monday morning Glynis Quinlan was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program about gay marriage, the classification scheme, Iraqi Christians and the Victorian election.