MEDIA RELEASEFor release: Tuesday August 27th 2013
ACL is pleased to announce that Prime Minister Kevin Rudd
and Opposition Leader Tony Abbott will address Christians at the Make it Count 2013 Election Panel webcast
via video message on Monday September 2nd
ACL’s Managing Director Lyle Shelton said the 3 minute pre-recorded video messages from each leader will be played at the start of the webcast and provide the basis for subsequent discussion by the panel.
Mr Shelton will then facilitate discussion in front of a live studio audience around issues including refugees, gambling, poverty, sexualisation of society, family and marriage, life issues and more.
The panel event will comprise of leading Christian thinkers and subject matter experts:
- Rev Dr Keith Garner, Chief Executive Officer and Superintendent of Wesley Mission
- Hon John Anderson, former Deputy Prime Minister
- Hon Robert McClelland, former Attorney-General and retiring ALP member for Barton
- Dr Megan Best, bioethicist and palliative care specialist
- Dr Justine Toh, Centre for Public Christianity
This event is being made available for churches by registering at webcast.australiavotes.org.au
. Registrations close Sunday, 1st September at 11.59pm
The event begins at 7.30pm AEST & WST (delayed) and 7pm CST and runs for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
The event is organised by Australian Christian Lobby and sponsored by Christian Super.