Personal Assistant to Managing Director
Full time position – 12 month contract
Salary: $50k pa + super
ACL is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the role of Personal Assistant to the Managing Director commencing in early July 2011 for a 12 month contract.
ACL is an important voice for values speaking into the nation’s parliaments, on behalf of its Christian constituency nationwide. You will play a pivotal role in supporting the Managing Director Brig (retd) Jim Wallace, AM.General
The Personal Assistant is directly responsible and accountable to the Managing Director (MD) and is supervised by the National Chief of Staff (COS). The PA will provide full Personal Assistant functions to the MD. The PA will also provide office management for the National Office function as well as general oversight in liaison with the COS of the reception function.Personal Assistant responsibilities include:
- Extensive diary management for the Managing Director, including:
- arranging meetings and appointments
- arranging travel and accommodation.
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to Managing Director, including:
- drafting and typing correspondence
- managing emails
- minute taking, preparation of agendas and distribution of material to various committees and boards
- assistance and preparation of documents, speeches and PowerPoint presentations
- first point of contact for all phone calls for Managing Director
- filing and archiving.
Knowledge and Experience
- Provide some diary support as needed to the Chief of Staff.
- Event planning and management.
- Provide general oversight of the reception and office management functions.
- Organising and working with volunteers for monthly mail-out and other National Office events.
- Other duties as requested.
ACL’s working environment is fast paced with the MD’s diary being booked out for several months in advance, and receiving a significant volume of requests to speak and meet with people nation wide. This position requires high-level administrative and secretarial skills, initiative, confidentiality, loyalty and the capacity to work as part of a team. S/he must exhibit a high level of organisational and interpersonal skills appropriate for dealing with politicians (both Federal and State), church and Christian leaders (including Denominational Heads), corporate business leaders, as well as ACL staff and supporters.Hence, the qualities below are essential:
- Personal qualities including:
- Demonstrated capacity to perform the office manager and PA responsibilities.
- Capacity to work under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Highly developed personnel management skills including pleasant interpersonal manner.
- Discretion and the ability to manage confidentiality.
- Display in his/her private and professional life a personal worldview that will allow him/her to represent the Lobby and its purpose.
- Appreciate the ACL vision and philosophy.
- Previous experience working as PA/Office Manager.
- Understanding of the Australian Political system is preferred but not essential.
- High level of competence across the MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with databases would be beneficial, but not essential.
Applications should be made attention to the Chief of Staff and can be emailed to email@example.com
. Applications close on Monday, 30th May 2011.