ACL is seeking a part-time (two days per week) editor for its public policy magazine, Viewpoint
. Remuneration is $57,200 per annum (pro rata) plus employer superannuation.
editor is responsible for producing an influential and credible public policy magazine that enhances the ACL brand and furthers its political objectives.Viewpoint
exists to inform, educate and influence ACL’s constituents and politicians through well-researched feature and peer-reviewed essays and columns. Viewpoint
invites credible authors with opposing views to submit essays on issues in the news and before the Federal Parliament.Viewpoint
is published three times a year in mid-February, June and October.
It is distributed to Federal and State politicians and sold to subscribers and in newsagencies.Responsibilities
The editor is responsible for establishing peer-reviewed questions, organising authors, columnists, reviewers and advertising, editing stories and working with graphic artists and distributors to produce each issue of the magazine.Knowledge and Experience
- An understanding of the Australian Political system is preferred.
- Experience in negotiation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are preferred, but experience will be taken into account.
- The Viewpoint editor will be an experienced print journalist with appropriate editing and design experience related to public policy issues.
- Demonstrated IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, databases) and ability to perform web-based and other research.
- Commitment to Christ and His Church
- Display in both private and professional life a personal worldview that will allow proper representation of ACL and its purpose
- Proven intellectual capacity
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Well developed and proven negotiation skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Good personal organisation
- Servant leadership qualities
Applications should be made attention to the Chief of Staff and can be emailed to email@example.com
. Applications close on Thursday, 13th