Join in this year's Rally for Life
in Queensland and hear ACL's Wendy Francis speak on her personal experience of the blessings for all who choose life.
purpose of the rally is to send a strong message to the Queensland government that abortion should not be legalised in the state. Currently abortion is still illegal in the state for doctors and women unless a doctor believes a woman’s physical and/or mental health is in danger. Last year the Tasmanian government removed abortion from the criminal code into the health code which will make it easier to obtain an abortion in the state (see ACL’s media release Sad Day for the Unborn in Tasmania
Also speaking at the Rally for Life event is Margaret Tighe and Tim Rushbrook. Margaret is president of Right to Life Australia and has played a prominent role in the campaign to uphold the right to life of all human beings. Tim is the father of a child with Downs Syndrome, the most targeted disability pre-birth.Rally details:
When: Saturday 22nd February 2013
Time: 1.15pm Roby Curtis and Band; 2.00pm The main Rally for Life event
Where: Queens Park, cnr William, Elizabeth & George Streets, Brisbane CBD
What to bring: Your friends, relatives & children, hat, water, sunscreen, chair, rug, umbrella, donation towards rally costs
Expected finish time is 4pm. Only official placards allowed
Rally organisers are looking for people to help out on the day. All ages can volunteer and jobs will be allotted appropriately:
1. Helium balloon inflation (from 9am – 12 noon, any or all of this time appreciated)
2. Distribution of balloons to attendees (all ages can do this – gather balloons from tent and hand out)
3. Ticket counters – hand out a numbered ticket to attendees (all ages can do this)
4. Emu parade – walking around the park to collect any paper, water bottles etc. Gloves supplied. (there is usually next to nothing to collect luckily)
5. Water station – need 2 people for each of 2 stations to take the gold coin donations and hand out the bottles of water. Prefer if you can supply your own esky and ice. We will reimburse you for the ice upon receipt presentation. We will bring the bottles of water.
6. Donation bucket collectors.
Restricted to 15 yrs and up and subject to approval by CLQ. Marked buckets and identification headbands provided. Involves walking through the crowd with a collection bucket when asked from the stage. Buckets are to be signed in and signed out with photo ID presented both times. These donations ensure the longevity of the Rally.
– to ensure pro-life attendees
follow instructions to remain on the grassed area etc.
If you're able to help out in any of these areas, please contact Cherish Life Queensland by phoning 3871 2445 or emailing email@example.com
For more information, visit the Rally for Life website here