ACL’s voice has been heard loud and clear in Canberra – and across the country – during the last six months. Thank you for your advocacy and partnership!
We’ve made good progress, even in the face of opposition to the values of human flourishing, we seek to promote:
- Together we reached an estimated 10,000 viewers with our exclusive pre-election webcast video messages from then Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and then Opposition Leader Tony Abbott;
- We’ve upheld the dignity of the aged and infirm by contributing to the defeat of euthanasia laws in Tasmania;
- We achieved bi-partisan agreement in Queensland that action is needed to protect kids from sexualised outdoor advertising;
- We secured an election promise from the Tasmanian Premier to reintroduce the right of Christian schools to hire staff in keeping with their beliefs; and
- And we helped organise the Victorian March for the Babies, the largest pro-life march in Australia, which was attended by as many as 4,000 people.
However, it’s clear that this is no time to rest on our laurels.
We must continue to take every opportunity to bring Christian principles into government and public policy discussion.
We must be the voice for values our nation desperately needs – because we live at a time when decisions are being made that directly affect the culture our children are part of and will have to contend with.
So, as the end of the financial year approaches, please be mindful of how you can help strengthen this voice through your support to ensure we can step into the opportunities that lie ahead.
Please pray for us as we seek to bring Christian influence to our nation.