ACL has received a large amount of media coverage this week as we have responded to a concerted push to legalise euthanasia on a number of fronts.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- On Monday morning at 11 am, ACL Chief of Staff debated euthanasia advocate Philip Nitschke on ABC News 24 TV about the Greens’ latest push to legalise euthanasia. Lyle was also interviewed on this topic on Monday night on SBS TV News. The Eternity newspaper website also posted an article quoting Lyle on euthanasia.
- ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was quoted in Monday’s Sydney Morning Herald regarding concerns over the Greens’ euthanasia push. He is also quoted in the Australian Conservative today on this topic, as well as by Christian Today Australia and the Rogers Media Group.
- On Tuesday morning ACL WA Director Michelle Pearse was interviewed by Perth Radio 6PR’s morning/news program about the WA euthanasia bill. Michelle was also quoted on this issue in an Australian Associated Press article on Monday and was interviewed by Sonshine FM Christian News.
- An opinion piece by Michelle Pearse entitled ‘The Good Samaritan assisted the suffering to live, not die’ was posted on the ‘wangle’ opinion website today. Please click here to read it.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Lyle Shelton interviewed by David Gibbons about Opposition frontbencher Malcolm Turnbull’s ISP filtering claims and the latest euthanasia push on a number of different fronts. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- The topic of euthanasia is under the spotlight in this week’s political spot, following Greens’ Leader Bob Brown’s latest efforts to push for legalised euthanasia. The program (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton on this topic and ISP filtering, before crossing to Victoria for an interview with ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward about an upcoming ‘Make it Count Victoria’ event with the Premier and Opposition Leader. Please click here to listen.
- On Monday morning ACL Public Relations Manager Glynis Quinlan was interviewed by Tracy Weare about euthanasia and ISP filtering for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.