ACL’s concerns over the Victorian Government’s moves to win the gay vote and the NSW surrogacy bill have been the main focus of media coverage of the organisation in the past week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward was quoted in Tuesday’s The Age regarding concerns that the Victorian Government is selling out the interests of children to win the gay vote and counteract the popularity of the Greens. Rob was also quoted on Australia.to News and was interviewed on this topic by Sonshine FM Christian News in WA.
- ACL NSW Director David Hutt is quoted in today’s Sydney Morning Herald regarding concerns over the NSW surrogacy bill. David was also quoted in Christian Today Australia on this topic on Friday and ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Sydney Radio 2SM News on the same day.
- ACL’s concerns that a new program to promote sexual diversity in Victorian schools is trying to normalise homosexuality as a lifestyle were referred to in an opinion piece in Tuesday’s The Age.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Lyle Shelton interviewed by David Gibbons about a report on a trial of ethics classes in NSW schools, a NSW bill to regulate surrogacy and the Salvation Army’s recently released a report about poverty in Australia. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- Articles about ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace’s challenge to politicians to act with courage and integrity have been posted in Link-Zone and Christian Today Australia.
- This week’s ‘Political Spot’ presented by Glynis Quinlan (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward about the Victorian Government’s all-out pursuit of the gay vote – with the Government recently announcing that it will offer funding and a package of measures to benefit the gay lobby, including a proposal to give them same-sex adoption rights. The program also features an interview with Open Doors Australia CEO Nigel Rooke about a new ‘Free to Believe’ campaign that all supporters of religious freedom are urged to join. Please click here to download the October 26 edition of the ‘Political Spot’.
- On Monday morning Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Neil Johnson for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.