The federal euthanasia bill and Queensland polling on abortion were among the main issues ACL has received coverage on in the media during the past week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- ACL chief of staff Lyle Shelton is quoted in an article entitled ‘Christians target death bill’ in last Sunday’s The Age regarding ACL’s opposition to Greens' leader Bob Brown’s federal euthanasia bill.
- ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward is quoted in last Monday’s Casey Weekly suburban newspaper regarding concerns that a sexual diversity program in Victorian schools was promoting homosexuality as a lifestyle.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees ACL managing director Jim Wallace interviewed by David Gibbons about the Victorian Government’s moves to win the gay vote, new Qld polling on abortion, and Federal euthanasia legislation. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- A column from Jim Wallace based on his feature article in the latest edition of Viewpoint magazine has been posted on Sight Magazine online. Click here to read it.
- Last Friday Jim Wallace was interviewed by Sonshine FM Christian news in WA about recent polling which shows Queenslanders are far more conflicted on the issue of abortion than vocal abortion activists are claiming. Jim is also quoted on this issue in Christian Today Australia.
- This week’s ‘Political Spot’ presented by Glynis Quinlan (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL chief of staff Lyle Shelton about the euthanasia bill being debated in Federal Parliament. The program also includes an interview with Australian Family Association of Queensland spokesperson Alan Baker about some new polling which reveals that Queenslanders are far from being fully supportive of abortion law reform despite the claims of abortion activists. Please click here to download the November 2 edition of the ‘Political Spot’.
- ACL’s recent federal election guide was referred to in article posted on The Catholic League of Australia website.
- On Monday morning Jim Wallace was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.