ACL’s opposition to a new R18+ classification for video games being introduced into Australia – which would allow more violent interactive games to be sold here – has generated a great deal of media coverage for ACL over the past week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- An interview with ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton on the R18+ video games debate will be broadcast as part of a package of coverage on the issue on Network Ten’s ‘7PM Project’ tonight.
- Lyle Shelton was also interviewed about the R18+ games issue on: ABC TV News and Network Seven TV News on Sunday night; ABC radio news on Monday; the ‘Hack’ program on Triple J on Monday; and the Sydney Radio 2UE Mike Jeffreys program on Monday night.
- In addition ACL has received coverage on the violent video game debate in Monday’s Adelaide Advertiser; News.com.au on Monday; News.com.au on Tuesday; the IT Wire website on Sunday and on Tuesday.
- An opinion piece by Lyle Shelton was posted on the ABC’s Technology and Games website on Monday about how the debate over violent video games is being twisted to such an extent that having an R18+ classification is now being promoted as something that will benefit children. Click here to read it.
- Last night Lyle Shelton was interviewed by ABC Hobart Television and radio regarding the ACL’s opposition to the Tasmanian Government’s bid to legalise surrogacy.
- ACL Victoria’s pre-election call for Labor not to deal with the Greens was reported in the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne news. ACL Victorian Director Rob Ward was also quoted in Victoria’s MCV newspaper on Tuesday in the context of the Victorian election.
- ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace’s statement that workers at a Victorian paper mill should be able to spend Christmas with their families has been given coverage by the Australian Conservative and Christian Today Australia.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Jim Wallace interviewed by David Gibbons about the change of Government in Victoria and the debate over gay marriage. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- On Tuesday Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Rhema SunCoast about the gay marriage debate.
- This week’s ‘Political Spot’ presented by Glynis Quinlan (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with Lyle Shelton about the current debate over whether more excessively violent interactive video games should be allowed into Australia through the introduction of an R18+ classification. The program also features an interview with ACL NSW Director David Hutt about the latest on ethics classes in NSW primary schools and some recent legislation on the issue which has passed NSW Parliament. Please click here to download the December 7 edition of the ‘Political Spot’.
- On Monday morning Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.