It has been another busy week on the media front, particularly with today’s launch of the Australia Votes website
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- This morning ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was interviewed by Fran Kelly on ABC Radio National about the launch of our election website and the party’s responses to the 24 questions ACL put to them. Please click here to listen.
- ACL’s australiavotes.org.au website launch and the party responses have also received coverage in: Australian Associated Press, CathNews and Crikey.
- On Monday night, Jim Wallace was interviewed for the ABC’s Lateline story examining Prime Minister Julia Gillard’s atheism. Please click here to read a transcript or watch the video.
- An opinion piece by Jim Wallace on the federal election and the Christian vote has appeared on the Eternity newspaper website (and will be included in the upcoming edition of the newspaper).
- Anglican Bishop of South Sydney, Robert Forsyth has written an article entitled Why we need a Christian lobby in Australia which appeared on the ABC’s religion and ethics website on Monday.
- An opinion piece by Jim Wallace ‘Internet filter puts the common good first’ appeared in the National Times (Fairfax online opinion) last Friday. Please click here to read the article.
- ACL is quoted in an article about controversial photographer Bill Henson which appeared in The Australian on Tuesday.
- A Q&A with Jim Wallace on ISP-level filtering was posted on the ARN website on Friday.
- Yesterday Jim Wallace was interviewed by Ultra 106.5 Christian radio station in Hobart about the upcoming election and issues of interest to Christians. Click here to listen to the interview.
- On Tuesday Jim Wallace was interviewed by SBS radio about whether religious beliefs matter in the current election.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton interviewed by David Gibbons about concerns over a reported increase in children sexually abusing other children and the need for action on this issue. Other topics include the Canberra Declaration and the federal election. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- This week’s political spot (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) takes a look at a new election website which contains the responses from political parties to 24 questions on issues of interest to Christians. Also featured is an interview with Mission Australia CEO Toby Hall about his call for the leaders of both major parties to make a fresh commitment to tackling homelessness, and an interview with Bill Muehlenberg from the Family Council of Victoria about the recently launched Canberra Declaration.
- On Monday morning Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.
- On Tuesday ACL Queensland Director Peter Earle was interviewed by Neil Johnson for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.