Jim Wallace’s interview with Julia Gillard, the Australia Votes website and concern over the Greens’ refusal to answer 18 of the 24 questions to political parties have dominated media coverage for the ACL this week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace’s ‘Make it Count’ interview with Julia Gillard last Friday has received coverage in: The Age (last Friday), Sunday Age, Sun Herald, Australian Associated Press (last Thursday), Sydney Anglican News, ABC Online on Tuesday, and ABC Online (last Friday).
- Last Friday The Australian published an opinion piece from Jim Wallace about Julian Assange, the WikiLeaks issue, and the philosophy of the Australian Greens. Click here to read the article.
- ACL’s concerns about the Australian Greens only responding to six of the 18 questions the ACL sent to all political parties have received coverage in: the ABC’s PM program on Tuesday night (Jim Wallace was interviewed), ABC radio news on Tuesday, WIN News last night (ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton was interviewed), ABC radio news on Sunday, ABC radio news last Thursday night, Yesterday’s Sydney Morning Herald, Herald Sun last Friday, Eureka Street, and the Catholic Culture website.
- Writing in the August/September edition of Alive Magazine, ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace challenges concepts that Christians are rather conservative. To read the full article please go to pages 10-12 of the free digital Alive magazine by clicking here.
- Archbishop of Sydney Peter Jensen responded to a number of questions about ACL when he was interviewed by Monica Attard for last weekend’s Sunday Profile program on ABC Local Radio. Please click here to watch the program or view the transcript.
- The ACL’s questions to political parties and the Australia Votes website have received further coverage in: National Times (Fairfax Online) on Monday, Eureka Street on Monday, IT News, and the Sydney Anglican News.
- ACL’s concerns over the Federal Coalition’s decision to oppose ISP-level filtering have received coverage in The Australian and the IT Wire news website.
- Last Friday ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was interviewed by Michael Smith on Radio 4BC in Brisbane about Julian Assange and the WikiLeaks issue, as well as the Greens Party and more. Click here to listen.
- Yesterday Jim Wallace was interviewed by Hope 103.2 Christian radio station in Sydney about the election and he was also interviewed on this topic today by Toowoomba’s Christian radio station.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton interviewed by David Gibbons about the Federal election, homelessness, and the Opposition’s decision to oppose ISP filtering. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- A Meet Your Candidate Forum organised by the ACL and local churches is covered in an article in yesterday’s Cranbourne Leader.
- This week’s political spot (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) takes a look at new moves by the Federal Labor Government to court the Christian vote, as well as some contentious claims by the Greens about their policies being aligned with Christian values. The program also features an interview with Michael Clancy from Scripture Union ACT about the Government’s plans to extend the school chaplaincy program.
- On Monday morning Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.
- On Tuesday ACL NSW Director David Hutt was interviewed by Neil Johnson for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.