The federal election and associated issues continued to dominate media coverage for the ACL this week.
Please see below for a wrap up of ACL’s coverage in the media since last Thursday.
- ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace was one of three guests on John Cleary’s ‘Sunday Nights’ program on ABC Local Radio last Sunday night. The one hour discussion was on ‘religion – politics and policy’. Please click here to listen.
- ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton was interviewed about the election on ‘Talking Life with Peter Janetzki’ last Sunday night.
- Tonight at 6.30 pm the Australian Christian Channel will screen a 90 minute pre-election special featuring the ACL’s Make it Count event with Opposition Leader Tony Abbott and ACL Managing Director Jim Wallace’s recent interview with Prime Minister Julia Gillard.
- ACL’s concerns about the Greens’ refusing to respond to 18 of our 24 election questions have been reported by Anglican Media Melbourne, the Sydney Anglicans news website and Life Site News.
- The latest ‘Politics in Focus’ television segment on the Adventist Media Network and other outlets sees Jim Wallace interviewed by David Gibbons about concerns over moves to allow gay adoption in NSW, the Greens efforts to get euthanasia back on the agenda in Victoria, and the way in which the sex industry is perpetuating slavery. You can view ‘Politics in Focus’ on the front page of this website.
- On Tuesday the ACL’s NSW Director David Hutt was interviewed by Katrina Roe for her Hope 103.2 (Sydney) morning program about the federal election and preferential voting.
- On Monday ACL WA Director Michelle Pearse was interviewed by Sonshine FM in WA about the way in which the sexualised media environment and a curtailing of childhood are partly to blame for the tragic increase in young WA girls having abortions. The issue was also covered by Christian Today Australia.
- ACL ACT Director Nick Jensen was quoted in Christian Today Australia welcoming moves by the ACT Greens to address the sexualisation of children.
- With polling day almost upon us, this week’s political spot (broadcast on Canberra’s 1Way FM and some other Christian stations) features an interview with ACL Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton about the latest in the federal election campaign and Christian engagement in the process. There’s also an interview with the ACL’s ACT Director Nick Jensen about a Meet Your Candidate Forum held in Canberra this week, as well as an interview with the ACL’s NSW Director David Hutt about the latest developments in terms of moves to allow gay adoption in that State.
- Yesterday ACL ACT Director Nick Jensen was interviewed by the Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program about the ACT take on the federal election.
- On Monday morning Lyle Shelton was interviewed by Tracy Weare for Vision Radio Network’s 20-20 program.
- On Monday Jim Wallace was interviewed by Maree Carter for her program on Dubbo Christian radio.