The ACT's territories rights bill, Tasmania's surrogacy bill and R18+ classification of video games were some of the issues the ACL commented on in the media this last week. See below for more details.
- The ACL submission on the territories bill reported in The Australian “Greens' bid to end territory curb slammed”
- ACL mentioned in ABC News
story “Government threatens R-rating games showdown
” 16/03/2011 this story was also repeated on the 7 News website here
- Tasmanian Director Mark Brown mentioned in The Mercury “Bartlett’s push for surrogacy”
- Tasmanian Director Mark Brown interviewed by and Tasmanian Broadcasters on Tasmania push for Surrogacy Bill and Ultra 106 five FM here
- Media Release in Christianity Today
on Tasmanian Surrogacy Bill
- Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton interviewed by National Radio News
about R18+ rating for video games. “Christian Lobby plays down benefit of R 18+ video game classification”
- MD Jim Wallace interviewed by Rhema Dubbo on NSW election on 15/03/2011
- Chief of Staff Lyle Shelton commented on Politics in Focus segment
18/03/2011 on same-sex marriage, national prayer breakfast and the banning of bibles at citizenship ceremonies
- The ACL's Radio Program, the Political Spot, as usual, played on 1wayfm in Canberra as well as Soncity FM in Perth.