Media Relations Officer
Salary: $50-55k pa
ACL is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the role of Media Relations Officer commencing in late January 2011.
ACL is a grass roots lobby group which aims to see Christian principles and ethics accepted and influencing the way we are governed, do business and relate to each other as a community. In short, ACL seeks to foster a more just, compassionate and moral society.
Media is an essential part of ACL’s role as it speaks into the public square and the organisation has achieved a very credible reputation for Christian public commentary.
ACL is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the role of Media Relations Officer commencing in late January 2011. Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor national media to identify media opportunities
- Prepare and distribute ACL media releases
- Facilitate media requests for interviews and information
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts
- Grow ACL’s presence in the Christian and secular media
- Writing for ACL’s blog and other publications
- Managing content on ACL’s websites
- Media relations management for ACL forums, conferences and other events
- Assist in formulating ACL media lines and positions
- Facilitate ACL’s communication with supporters by producing the weekly E-news and monthly newsletter
- Assist with the training of ACL staff and supporters in media awareness
- Provide the media point of contact for ACL State Offices
- Provide media support for ACL State Directors
- Produce ACL’s annual report and other corporate material
- Produce ACL’s weekly radio and television spots
Experience and qualifications:
Character and Complementary Skills
- Experience in public relations, media or journalism
- A tertiary qualification in media, public relations or communication is highly desirable, but experience will be taken into account
- Experience of the Australian political system is preferred, but an understanding of it is a requirement
- Experience in public policy development is preferred, but the applicant must display understanding of the process of policy development in Australia.
- A vibrant Christ-centred faith as evidenced by a commitment to regularly engaging God in prayer, reflection and His Word
- Intentionally engaged in an expression of local church
- Personal qualities including:
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet short time deadlines
- Proven intellectual capacity
- Display in his/her private and professional life a Christian worldview that will allow him/her to represent the Lobby and its purpose
- Good personal organization
- Servant leadership qualities
- A well developed biblical worldview would be an advantage, with basic understanding of a diverse range of areas including theology, philosophy, economics, sociology, law, ethics and history
- Demonstrated ability to perform web based research
- Competent in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, web content management software and in navigating databases
Applications should be made attention to the Chief of Staff and can be e-mailed to [email protected]
. Applications close on Friday December 10.