Assistant Local Campaign Organiser (LCO)
Assistant LCOs are individuals who have leadership, networking and people skills to serve as volunteer Assistant Local Campaign Organiser (Assistant LCOs). It is an opportunity to train, build and organise ACL supporters and volunteers into an active team for your designated electorate.
To assist the LCO (Local Campaign Organiser) to build and engage a team of volunteers in your respective electorate.
- Active Christian faith in a Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox tradition
- Regularly attend and be engaged in a church community
- Effectively promote ACL’s vision
- Comply with Assistant LCO Agreement
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with National ACL Office, State Director, LCO, Prayer Coordinator and Volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to ACL information, including but not limited to:
- Volunteer details
- Provide Pastoral details for verbal or written reference check
- Obtain a Working with Vulnerable Persons Check and a Police Check, if required
- Always act in a Christ-like manner in all communications (including ACL Staff, Volunteers, Churches, Politicians and their staff)
This voluntary position can be ceased by either party for any reason
- To assist the LCO to work towards building and engaging a team of 100+ ACL volunteers in your electorate
- Assist the LCO as point of contact person between National ACL Office, State Director, Prayer Coordinator and Volunteers. This includes being the point of contact for letter box material
- Assist the LCO to organise meetings (and in some cases, run meetings without the LCO) with supporters and volunteers. This will include but is not limited to; coffee catch ups, area meetings and prayer meetings for electorates
- Assist the LCO to build strong relationships with Churches in your electorate
- Assist the LCO and State Director to gather, build and instruct volunteers in ACL campaigns and area meetings
- To attend monthly online (Zoom) meetings with State/National ACL Leaders, which may include a State based meeting and a National meeting
- To grow and develop your skills and understanding in the political arena.
Estimated time: 1.5 hrs per week
Note: The hours might occasionally vary, depending on campaign activity. Weeks during which we run campaigns may demand a greater time commitment, while at other times very little time may be required of you.