The Victorian state election is just a few months away. There’s nothing more important than for Christians to start to pray.
In just two terms of government, the Andrews Government has shifted Victoria far away from conservative values through anti-Christian legislation, policies and school curriculum. Sadly, we can also see the Opposition drifting further away from conservative values to appease activists.
Our society is being indoctrinated with gender theory and identity politics, and many embrace it without questioning. This is creating more division than ever. Hostility towards the Christian faith is on the rise and Christian sexual ethics has been undermined.
These cultural shifts are subtly enticing people – especially youth – away from truth and morality. What we are facing is in fact more than a political or ideological war – it’s a spiritual battle. And our enemy, the devil, is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour (1 Peter 5:8).
Therefore, let us prepare for the Victorian state election on our knees, praying and relying on our Lord Christ Jesus, the Commander-in-Chief of God’s army (Revelation 19:11).
Here are some things you can pray for…
- Pray that the fear of the Lord would come upon the Church, convicting us to repent from sins and lukewarmness, and motivate us to stand up for the truth.
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge – Proverbs 1:7
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. – 2 Chronicles 7:14
- Pray for boldness and faithfulness for Christian leaders, both church and state (including election candidates).
“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- Bind the spiritual strongholds that have overwhelmed this nation and its people (eg. apathy, complacency, perversion, deception, confusion, anger, intimidation, fear, division, death), and pray that the truth will set them free
The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. – 2 Corinthians 10:4-5
- Pray that corruption at all levels will be exposed and that truth would be revealed, and that there would be no corruption in the upcoming state election.
By justice a king gives a country stability, but those who are greedy for bribes tear it down. – Proverbs 29:4
- Pray that God would bring great awareness of the times and seasons we’re living in, and lead people to vote with wisdom and understanding for a righteous government.
Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin condemns any people. – Proverbs 14:34
When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan. – Proverbs 29:2
- Pray for God’s wisdom and strength upon ACL’s volunteers throughout the election campaign.
Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labour in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain. – Psalms 127:1
Pray as though everything depended on God;
Act as though everything depended on you.