Strike first to defeat abortion to birth!
South Australia's Lower House will begin debate on Termination of Pregnancy Bill 2020 (SA) on Tuesday, 2 February 2021. The bill seeks to legalise abortion to birth and the debate may conclude as early as Wednesday, 3 February.
This is the final hour for us to act.
Last Tuesday I implored the 70+ people who attended Sunset Rock Uniting Church to contact their local MPs and urge voting against the abortion to birth proposal as well as urge support for amendments. One such amendment would only allow abortion after 22 weeks and 6 days if it is necessary to preserve the life of the mother. On Sunday I spoke at Port Augusta delivering the same message.
You can watch my message here:
In the following days we’ll be meeting with MPs, calling ACL supporters to ask them to talk to their MPs and using social media and printed materials to mobilise South Australians to oppose this brutal bill.
If you can join your voices with ours, this will make an even greater impact.
Please consider acting in the following ways:
- 📞 Contact your local MP urgently! Every contact can make a difference
- ✏️ Write to your local MP here. It takes just a minute!
- ♻️ Share information on this bill and issue as widely as possible - sharing these articles and the campaign on ACL's website would be a good start
- 🙏🏻 Above all, pray that the abortion to birth proposal would be defeated and that the amendments would pass
Please also put these events in your diary and if you're in the area do join us:
- Naracoorte public meeting on Sunday, 31 January at 2pm – please join us at St Paul’s Anglican Church Hall (45 Jenkins Terrace Naracoorte)
- Adelaide's Walk for Life on Saturday, 6 February at 10am, Pennington Gardens. Gates open from 9:30am so please come early. We are assisting Love Adelaide in this big event and ACL's Managing Director Martyn Iles is the keynote speaker – register here: https://www.loveadelaide.org.au/events2020.
- ACL's launch into 2021 in Adelaide with Martyn Iles on Monday, 8 February at Southland Church. Please look out for a email with details to register this week. Book early as places are limited. You’ll learn about everything going on locally and nationally.
Friend, the hour is here. This is the moment for South Australians to take a stand against the intentional killing of innocent human beings. Let’s be faithful in doing all we can to resist the work of the enemy to destroy precious lives.
“Let the favour of the Lord our God be on us; establish for us the work of our hands— establish the work of our hands!”