[caption id="attachment_32454" align="alignleft" width="177"]
Please stand with us in prayer over the next 6 months and beyond![/caption]
ACL is committed to making the most of upcoming opportunities to give Christian values a strong hearing in – and influence on – government. Please pray for God’s continued guidance as we focus on:The Victorian Election, [November 29]
• Our Meet your Candidate Forums in key electorates will give Christians the opportunity to hear where their candidates stand on a range of issues, and give them the chance to voice their concerns to those who will form the new government.
• Building on strong grassroots support to defend the unborn, we will encourage voters to have their say on Victoria’s draconian abortion laws, which allow termination up to nine months into pregnancy.ACL National Conference, [October 24–25]
• This year’s conference in Canberra will bring church and community leaders together with parliamentarians. We are pleased to announce that Opposition leader, Bill Shorten, will be our keynote speaker. Other speakers will include Bishop Anthony Fisher, Karl Faase, Paul Henderson, Elizabeth Kendall and Jim Wallace. Please join us as we encourage politicians to speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves – children, the unborn and the persecuted. Go to acl.org.au/natconf14 to register.Lachlan Macquarie Internship [August 17 – November 21]
• Pitched at post-graduate students, this 14-week live-in course is designed to equip the next generation of principled public leaders.
• With high lease costs to run the current program, we now have an option to purchase a property close to Canberra.