Local Campaign Organiser (LCO)
LCOs are individuals who have leadership, networking and people skills to serve as volunteer Local Campaign Organisers (LCOs). It is an opportunity to gather, build, train and organise ACL supporters and volunteers into active teams for your designated electorate.
To build and engage a team of volunteers and leaders in your respective electorate.
- Active Christian faith in a Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox tradition
- Regularly attend and be engaged in a church community
- Effectively promote ACL’s Vision
- Comply with LCO Agreement
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with National ACL Office, State Director, Assistant LCO, Prayer Coordinator and Volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to ACL information, including but not limited to:
- Volunteer details
- Provide Pastoral details for a verbal or written reference check
- Obtain a Working with Vulnerable Persons Check and a Police Check, if required
- Always act in a Christ-like manner in all communications (including ACL Staff, Volunteers, Churches, Politicians and their staff)
- Minimum one year commitment, reviewed as required
- This voluntary position can be ceased by either party for any reason
- To work towards building and engaging a team of 100+ ACL volunteers in your electorate
- To raise up two Assistant LCOs to assist you with the role in conjunction with your State Director
- To appoint a Prayer Coordinator for your electorate in conjunction with your State Director
- To be a point of contact between National ACL Office, State Director, Prayer Coordinator and Volunteers. This includes being the point of contact for letter boxing materials
- To assist the State Director to organise meetings with supporters and volunteers. This will include but not be limited to; coffee catch-ups, area meetings and prayer meetings for electorates
- To build strong relationships with Churches in your electorate
- To assist the State Director to gather, build and train volunteers in ACL campaigns and area meetings
- To assist the State Director in identifying suitable local campaigns where appropriate
- To attend monthly online (Zoom) meetings with State/National ACL Leaders, which may include a State based meeting and a National meeting
- To grow and develop your skills and understanding in the political arena.
Estimated time: 2 hrs per week
Note: The hours might occasionally vary, depending on campaign activity. Weeks during which we run campaigns may demand a greater time commitment, while at other times very little time may be required of you.