MEDIA RELEASE For release: Tuesday 6th August 2013
The Australian Christian Lobby is pleased to announce its Make it Count 2013 Election Panel event will be webcast live on Monday September 2nd, 2013 in the lead up to the federal election.
The panel event will comprise of leading Christian thinkers and subject matter experts:
- Rev Dr Keith Garner, Chief Executive Officer and Superintendent of Wesley Mission
- Hon John Anderson, former Deputy Prime Minister
- Hon Robert McClelland, former Attorney-General and retiring ALP member for Barton
- Dr Megan Best, bioethicist and palliative care specialist
- Dr Justine Toh, Centre for Public Christianity
ACL Managing Director Lyle Shelton will facilitate the discussion in front of a live studio audience around issues including refugees, gambling, poverty, sexualisation of society, family and marriage, religious freedom, life issues and more.
This event is being made available for churches by registering at webcast.australiavotes.org.au
Mr Shelton said it is the first time the ACL has used a panel event during an election and was confident it would provide essential information for Christians in helping them decide how to vote.
The event is organised by Australian Christian Lobby and sponsored by Christian Super.