Pauline Hanson’s One Nation party has become the first party in Australia to have a specific pro-life policy which acknowledges the scientific fact that a human being’s life begins in the womb.
If elected, One Nation candidates will work to roll back what they refer to as Queensland Labor’s ‘brutal and extreme abortion law’ in the following ways:
- Reduce abortion gestational limit,
- Ban sex-selective abortion,
- Provide medical care for babies born alive during an abortion,
- Provide pain-relieving anesthesia to babies prior to an abortion,
- Restore medical professional’s full right to a conscientious objection,
- Ban aborted baby organ harvesting,
- Improve data reporting.
Pro-life policies are very clearly an election issue for Queenslanders with the LNP, KAP and ONP all committed to review or roll back Labor's Termination of Pregnancy Act (2018). Commitments such as these from Australian parties and sitting members is an Australian first and a major step forward in the protection of every human life. Tireless campaigning from thousands of Queenslanders is reaping encouraging rewards.