ACL is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the full-time role of Administration Assistant/Receptionist in its national office, Canberra.
Details of conditions of employment, including remuneration, are available on application.
The appointment will primarily involve front desk duties such as answering phones, greeting visitors and managing the national office email account. Administrative duties will include significant support for managing ACL’s database, and supporter correspondence via mail and email, and other general duties as required.
Front desk duties including answering telephones and greeting visitors to the ACL national office.
Manage the national office email account.
Provide secretarial support to the national office, including typing, minute-taking, filing and archiving.
Management of outgoing mail.
- The Supporter Relations Officer with database management.
- With bulk supporter information emails.
- In the preparation, printing and distribution of mail outs to supporters.
- With diary management.
Other tasks as directed.
Knowledge and Experience
Demonstrated capacity to perform the Administration Assistant/Receptionist responsibilities.
Capacity to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks.
Highly developed interpersonal skills including pleasant telephone manner.
Discretion and the ability to manage confidentiality.
Attention to detail.
Competence across the MS Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Understanding of the Australian political system is preferred but not essential.
Experience working with databases would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Commitment to Christ and His Church
- Display in both private and professional life a personal worldview that will allow proper representation of ACL and its purpose
- Proven intellectual capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Good personal organisation
- Servant leadership qualities
For more information call the ACL national office on (02) 6259 0431.
Applications should be made attention to the Chief of Staff and can be emailed to [email protected]. Applications close on Friday, 31st January 2014.