Media Relations Officer
Media is an essential part of ACL’s role as it speaks into the public square. The Media Relations Officer is tasked with maintaining and expanding ACL’s reputation as a credible source for Christian commentary on public policy.
This opening is within the ACL’s national office in Canberra. The position is full-time.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitor national media to identify media opportunities.
- Prepare and distribute ACL media releases.
- Facilitate media requests for national and state media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media contacts.
- Grow ACL’s presence in the Christian and secular media.
- Writing for ACL’s blog and other publications.
- Media relations management for ACL forums, conferences and other events.
- Assist in formulating ACL media lines and positions.
- Provide media support and advice to ACL State Directors.
- Coordinate the production of ACL’s fortnightly television spot.
- Produce and present a weekly radio program on political and social issues, interviewing relevant guests.
Your knowledge and Experience:
- At least 3 years experience in public relations, media or journalism.
- Tertiary qualifications in media, public relations or communication.
- Demonstrated IT skills (Word, Excel) and ability to perform web-based and other research.
- Experience of the Australian political system is preferred, but an understanding of it is a requirement.
- Experience in public policy development is preferred, but the applicant must display understanding of the process of policy development in Australia, including the linkages between the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Commitment to Christ and His Church.
- Display in both private and professional life a personal worldview that will allow proper representation of ACL and its purpose.
- Proven intellectual capacity.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Well developed and proven negotiation skills.
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet short deadlines.
- Good personal organisation.
- Servant leadership qualities.
Please direct your applications and enquiries to the Chief of Staff by email, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Applications close on Thursday, 21st August 2014.