ACL is seeking a full-time Western Australia Director. Remuneration is $55k per annum plus employer superannuation.
The Western Australia Director’s role is to achieve political effectiveness within the State by pursuing ACL’s strategic goals: building of public credibility, political influence and a strong supporter and financial base.
Working under the direction of the Chief of Staff, the Director will draw on the resources and support of the organisation as a whole.Responsibilities include:
Working closely with the National Office to implement the organisation’s vision through:
- Sharing the vision of ACL with Churches, Christian Leaders, Politicians, Business Leaders and other relevant local community organisations
- Regular communication with supporters and church representatives, keeping the vision before them, and the progress and influence of the organisation
Executing ACL’s State and Federal election strategies.
Oversight of all business aspects of the organisation in the State including:
- Managing the operations and administration of the State office
- Supervising the tasks of any office staff and administration volunteers
Communication and establishing strong relationships with:
- Churches including Pastors, Leaders and Church Representatives, acting as Team Leader for the Church Representatives
- Supporters, through informing, educating and activating
- Business and other leaders
Undertaking or coordinating training for Church Representatives, Supporters and Christians throughout the State as part of a targeted overall education program in support of strategic goals
Planning and running occasional conferences and special events.
Undertaking or coordinating research of draft policies, liaising where appropriate with the National Research Officer. This will include preparing briefs and other documents to assist in coordinating lobbying efforts and the preparation of submissions to public or parliamentary enquiries.
Representing the ACL in political and other meetings and negotiation.
Networking with other Christian organisations and ministries to promote support and unity in building the Kingdom of God.
Providing media comment on State issues.Knowledge and Experience
Experience of the Australian Political system is strongly preferred, but an understanding of it is a requirement.
Experience in public policy development is preferred, but the applicant must display an ability to quickly master the process of policy development in Australia at both the Federal and State levels of Government. This means:
- Understanding the linkages between the Executive, Legislature and Judiciary;
- Having a knowledge of the Public Sector and its role in policy development and implementation, and;
- Having confidence in the ability to liaise with and brief senior policy makers on behalf of the Lobby, including senior Bureaucrats and senior Politicians.
A clear understanding of legal principles as well as legal mechanisms.
Experience in negotiation.
Experience at leading and managing a small team preferred, but demonstrated potential will be taken into account.
Relevant tertiary qualifications are preferred, but experience will be taken into account.
Demonstrated IT skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, databases) and ability to perform web-based and other research.Personal Attributes
- Commitment to Christ and His Church
- Display in both private and professional life a personal worldview that will allow proper representation of ACL and its purpose
- Proven intellectual capacity
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Well developed and proven negotiation skills
- Highly developed personnel management and leadership skills
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet short deadlines
- Good personal organisation
- Servant leadership qualities
Applications should be made attention to the Chief of Staff and can be emailed to email@example.com
. Applications close on Monday, 22nd