Prayer Coordinators undertake the critical role of leading prayer in each of our electorates, Australia wide.
To lead volunteers and supporters in prayer in your respective electorate, including growing your prayer team organically.
- Active Christian faith in a Protestant, Catholic or Orthodox tradition
- Regularly attend and be engaged in a church community
- Effectively promote ACL’s vision
- Comply with Prayer Coordinator Agreement
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with National ACL Office, State Director, LCO, Assistant LCO and Volunteers
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to ACL information, including but not limited to:
- Volunteer details
- Provide Pastoral details for a verbal or written reference check
- Obtain a Working with Vulnerable Persons Check and a Police Check, if required
- Always act in a Christ-like manner in all communications (including ACL Staff, Volunteers, Churches and Politicians and their staff)
- Minimum one year commitment, reviewed as required
- This voluntary position can be ceased by either party for any reason
- Organise a monthly prayer meeting (approx. 45 minutes) with supporters and volunteers in the electorate. Meetings can be conducted via Zoom/Teams or in person
- Send email invitations to supporters and volunteers in electorate to encourage attendance of prayer meeting
- Send prayer text updates as required
- Organise Prayer meetings during State & Local Campaigns
- Liaise with ACL Staff, LCO and Assistant LCO to establish suitable prayer points
- Attend State meetings which have been organised by the LCO and Assistant LCO about the grassroots movement.
Estimated Time: 1.5 hours per month