The ACL has launched a mobile app for both iPhone and Android, revolutionising online activism. It's never been easier to get in touch with your MP and make a stand. Help foster a more moral, just and compassionate society by speaking up on important issues.
The app allows you to:
- News that matters to you. The latest updates from ACL in your state and nationally.
- Know what the parties think before you vote. Look up political party responses to ACL's election questionnaires.
- Listen to ACL's weekly webcast, 'The Political Spot'.
- Get important updates on your MP.
- Push notifications let you know about new campaigns. Know when to send an email or sign a petition.
- Conscience votes let you know how your MP voted on important laws.
Make a Stand
- Find and email your local MP about important issues.
- Let them know what you think! Call their office from the app.
- Add your Facebook profile photo to personalise lobbying.
Spread the Word
- Help your family and friends take action. Share ACL campaigns through Facebook, Twitter and email.
The iPhone app can be downloaded free of charge from the Apple Store here.
The Android version can be downloaded free of charge via Google Play here.
David Hutt is the NSW Director of the ACL. In this interview with the ACL's Katherine Spackman he discusses the same-sex marriage bill. ACL is encouraging supporters to email their MP about the bill via makeastand.org.au campaign "Man+wife4life".
NSW Premier Barry O'Farrell has established a parliamentary inquiry to examine state-based same-sex marriage.
The inquiry follows the announcement last year that a cross-party group of state MPs plan to introduce state-based same-sex marriage legislation in the NSW parliament.
If you are a NSW resident, we encourage you to join in ACL's 'Make a Stand' campaign by lodging a submission to parliament and ask them to protect marriage from redefinition.
Submissions are due by 1st March 2013.
You can lodge your submission online here.
Please visit ACL's campaign page for more information on what to include in your submission.