Agreed to by all the world's countries and all the world's leading development institutions, the MDGs form a blueprint for helping the world's poorest by 2015.
Sadly Australia has failed to meet its MDG targets and groups like ACL and others are working to encourage the Australian Government to recommit to meeting our MDG targets.
The eight MDGs are:
- Eradicating extreme poverty and hunger
- Achieving universal primary education
- Promoting Gender equality and empowering women
- Reducing child mortality
- Improving maternal health
- Combatting HIV/AIDS, malaria and other diseases
- Ensuring environmental sustainability
- Forming a global partnership for development
More information about the MDGs