The Australian Christian Lobby
The ACL Vision
We desire a compassionate, just and moral society through having the public contributions of the Christian faith reflected in the political life of the nation.
ACL facilitates professional engagement and dialogue between church and state, allowing the voice of the Church and of individual Christians to be heard in the public square.
We operate in the Federal Parliament and all State and Territory Parliaments. ACL is neither party-partisan nor denominationally aligned.
What We Do
- We assert the value of the Christian vote by activating the Christian constituency.
- We make the Christian voice heard by connecting with politicians and policy makers.
- We consult constantly with Australia’s church leaders.
- We are a credible Christian voice in the corridors of power.
- We have strong relationships with politicians and policy makers.
- We can draw upon and mobilise the campaign tools needed to change or influence policy.
- We make submissions to inquiries and policy forums on behalf of the Church and Christians, also appearing from time to time to give oral submissions.
- We provide constant news and opinion on issues relevant to Christians.
- We speak in relevant terms, from a Biblical worldview, balanced research and expert advice.
- We engage leaders and candidates with Christians like you in election campaigns through Make it Count and Meet Your Candidate forums.
- We are positioned to identify the most strategic issues with strategic effect.
- We are not party-partisan, but will be critical where necessary.
- We regularly seek God in prayer and encourage our supporters to pray for us and for their political representatives.
- We help to train tomorrow’s leaders through substantial education and training programs for high-achieving, Christian young people.
- We engage with schools and young people, providing age-specific information on the Christian worldview.
- We encourage support for candidates who share Christian values, whatever their political persuasion.
How Can I Join in?
- Sign up as an ACL member – enter your name and email in the box on the homepage.
- Make a financial contribution to our work – we are entirely donor funded.
- Attend our forums and events during election campaigns (check this website or your emails if you’re a member).
- If you have a request for a specific service, contact our national office.
The Australian Christian Lobby does not necessarily endorse the views held by contributors, comment providers, or by authors of linked websites. Material is provided for your information to assist you in forming your own opinion. The Australian Christian Lobby encourages its supporters and readers of its website to research the issues raised.
ACL is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information we collect in relation to you is kept strictly secured and is never passed on to any third parties.
ACL at a glance
- Was established in 1995
- Is rigorously non-partisan
- Operates at federal, state and local government levels
- Is non-denominational
- Has credibility with church leaders, political parties and the media
- Has a presence in all Australian states and territories
- Provides sophisticated voter support packages in elections
- Makes a real difference on issues of concern to Christians
The Australia Christian Lobby (ACL) is a registered company limited by guarantee.
ABN: 40 075 120 517
National Office Address: 4 Campion St DEAKIN ACT 2600
State offices are listed here
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Phone: 02 6259 0431