“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…” –1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray." –Martyn Iles
Here are some specific prayer requests...
- Martyn on Q&A: Martyn will be on ABC's television program - Q&A - on Thursday, 8 April, at 8:30pm (AEDT). Please pray that God will give him the words to speak and that viewers will hear God's truth. Pray that Jesus will be glorified.
- #lethimplay: Thank the Lord for more than 12,000 people who have participated in ACL's #lethimplay campaign. Continue to pray that the NRL and other decision-makers will allow Israel Folau to play rugby in Australia again.
- Parental Rights Bill (NSW): The committee inquiry into this important legislation continues with public hearings starting this month. Please keep ACL in your prayers as we prepare to appear before the committee on Tuesday, 20 April.
- The Truth of It LIVE Tour: Thank the Lord for the hundreds of people who have already RSVP'd to attend Martyn's meetings in Qld. Pray that larger venues will be found and that every meeting will be filled to capacity!
- Religious Discrimination Bill (Federal): Efforts are underway to get this bill back on the government's agenda. Pray for favour as changes are suggested for the bill, and for MPs to be motivated to defend religious freedom for individuals, churches and schools.
- Drag Queen Story Time (Nationwide): Pray that more Christians will oppose Drag Queen Story Time - where drag queens read to pre-school children in local libraries. Pray that councils will stop allowing this!
- Assisted suicide laws (Nationwide): In Qld the ALP is trying to rush through euthanasia laws. In ACT & NT there are renewed calls to legalise euthanasia. Pray that Christians will say NO to sanctioning killing and that governments will prioritise palliative care.
- Human Rights Law Alliance: Pray for HRLA lawyers to have wisdom and favour as they defend Christians who are facing discrimination for their faith. Pray that God will draw many more Christian lawyers to join their alliance.
- Grassroots movement: Praise God for the enthusiasm and activity of ACL volunteers and supporters! Pray that God will bless and encourage them, as their service makes a powerful difference in defending truth in our nation.
- Scott Morrison: Pray for wisdom, strength and encouragement for our Prime Minister, and for unity within his party.
- Martyn Iles: Pray for wisdom and protection for Martyn, and that many will be inspired by his words and become more engaged in defending God's truth.
- Churches: Pray for Australian churches to grow in size, spiritual maturity, and effectiveness in discipling members of their communities. Pray that many more Australians will turn to Christ and find a church home to belong to.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?