“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…”
–1 Tim 2:1-2a
these laws could have serious consequences for rights of self-determination, free speech and freedom of religion
Join us in prayer…
- Coronavirus crisis: Pray in particular for Victoria under lockdown. Pray for hope, wisdom and comfort in multi-faceted crisis. Pray for protection for those on the frontlines of Australia's health care system, and thank God for our doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, and essential workers.
- Scott Morrison MP: pray that our Prime Minister would be guided by the Lord at this time, every step of the way.
- Wisdom for leaders: pray for the wisdom of Solomon for leaders dealing with the COVID-19 medical crisis, the economic and psychological crisis, and culture of our age. Pray for the paths ahead, for a way for our country to come out of this crisis with hope. Pray for rest and strength for those who are weary. Pray "Lord, Your kingdom come, Your will be done" over our nation.
- 'Cancel culture': pray against the ‘cancel culture’ that is (a) censoring today's generation from sharing their beliefs or opinions, for instance by destroying a person’s career or causing them to lose their job and (b) censoring our forefathers and ancestors by removing memorials and credit to their efforts to create a better world. Pray for our leaders and society to give past and present generations a voice, and acknowledge the values and character of those who shaped our history. Pray for a spirit of reconciliation that listens and does not censor.
- Drug injecting rooms (Vic and WA): give thanks for the City Council of Melbourne rejecting the Andrews government’s proposal to establish drug injecting room near the Queen Victoria Market. Pray for more truth to be revealed about the damaging affect of injecting rooms, that people won't be helped to get off drugs that are destroying their lives; that young people are getting the message that taking drugs is ok. Pray for those who are addicted to get off the drugs, and for their families, for help, protection, strength and comfort.
- LGBT 'Conversion Therapy' and childhood gender dysphoria: pray against legislation that proposes to solve a non-existent problem, and instead is shutting down freedoms of self-determination, free speech and freedom of religion. Continue to pray for the alarm to be raised over childhood gender dysphoria numbers surging around the country. Pray that the dangers of the 'affirmative' method (irreversible chemical and surgical treatment including hormone blockers and castration) promoted by gender clinics will come into the light. Pray for many voices to call governments to protect Australian children. Also pray for pastors and Christian leaders to be equipped and convicted with boldness to stand for truth.
Pray that the Marshall Liberal government in South Australia rejects a push from a Labor MP and within their own ranks to ban the non-existent practice of LGBT 'conversion therapy'.
Pray that the Andrews Victorian government postpones or withdraws its proposed LGBT manifesto which disadvantages women, children and faith-based groups
- Upcoming state elections in Northern Territory election (22 August), Queensland election (31 October 2020): pray for righteous government. Pray that the results of these elections would mean less euthanasia, less abortion and give greater certainty and stability on the question of religious freedom for all Australians.
- Young people: that they may be saved “out of the midst of this wicked generation... to become bright lights shining for God”. Phil 2:14-16
"…all things can be possible for him who believes!” (Jesus, Mark 9:22-24)
- Cultural Marxism: pray against the victim narratives and Marxist ideas. Pray particularly for young people, hit by instability of these times or loss of hope. Pray for Christians to discern the truth of what the gospel teaches us - the forgiveness of sin, grace, faith and hope offered to all. Pray for many turn to Jesus. Pray for respect for the rule of law and that people wouldn’t turn to lawlessness. Pray for justice to be done. Pray for strong emotion to be guided into positive social change.
- Legislation to free women trapped in sexual slavery (Nordic Model): praise God that more countries are adopting this pro-women model of prostitution law reform. Pray that Australia would join these countries, that Australian parliamentarians will embrace this way of reducing prostitution demand, helping women exit prostitution and make it clear that women are not property to be bought and sold. Pray for favour and open doors for meetings with MPs.
- Religious freedom: pray that Godly influence would be brought to bear on the re-drafting of the Religious Discrimination Bill and that this would be brought forward again. Pray for righteous government, for wisdom for leaders to know how to protect people of faith and uphold freedom of religion in Australia. Pray that those responsible for drafting this bill will reject submissions sharing hypotheticals and concocted stories designed to erode religious freedom. Pray for God's will to be done.
Continue to pray for the NSW parliamentary inquiry into Latham's Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Religious Freedoms and Equality) Bill 2020, that it would be fair and balanced, and that people of faith make submissions about how their religious freedom is being eroded.
Continue to pray for Katrina Tait and others who are innocent of the vilification complaints raised against them. Pray for HRLA who are assisting them. Pray for resources to defend future cases, and to lobby parliaments to reform laws open to abuse by activists.
- Martyn Iles: pray for protection, strength, wisdom, energy and protection against opponents.
- Grassroots movement: pray for many Christians to be activated and vigilant, putting feet to their faith and being salt and light. Pray for this movement to be useful in bringing righteous government in Australian, for many hearts to be touched and souls won.
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'… ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
- Repentance and unity among Christians: pray that God would lead Christians in the nation in a heartfelt prayer for repentance. Pray that many people would turn to God. Pray that the light of Christ would shine in people's hearts.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
We all prayed for rain, and rain came to many places. Take courage and heart.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [Aug - Oct 2020]