“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…” –1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray." –Martyn Iles
Here are some specific prayer requests...
- Removing prayer from Parliament (Vic): Pray that Fiona Patten's motion on 4 August to remove prayer from Victorian Parliament will fail, and that there will be a strong response from Victorian supporters to resist this move.
- The Truth of It LIVE Tour in WA, Tas and SA: Pray that every meeting will be full and that everyone will be encouraged and inspired to boldly live out their faith in the public squares.
- Religious Discrimination Bill (Federal): Some Liberal MPs are working against the draft bill. Pray that the bill will provide protection for statements of belief and will pass by the end of the year. Pray that many will sign the petition to the PM.
- Assisted Suicide Bills (Qld, NT, ACT, NSW): Pray that our leaders will stand up for life and oppose euthanasia legislation. Pray that Christians will use their voices to protect all lives - including those who are sick and elderly.
- Parental Rights Bill (NSW): Pray that this bill will continue to move forward. Pray that parental rights will be protected and that NSW schools will be banned from teaching gender fluidity to children.
- Born Alive Bill (Federal): The bill is due to be be tabled in August. Pray that God will prepare the hearts of MPs to support this important legislation that will provide pain relief and medical care to babies born alive in failed abortions.
- Anti-Vilification Bill (Vic): Recommendations have been put forward that, if made into law, will further erode freedom of speech and religion. Pray these recommendations will NOT be drafted into a bill.
- Push for satanism in schools (Qld): The Noosa Temple of Satan has filed an application to Queensland's Supreme Court to have satanism taught in Queensland schools and for devil-worshippers to be accepted as chaplains. The court date is 12 August - pray their request will be rejected.
- Decriminalising prostitution (SA): There is another move to abolish all laws relating to prostitution. The SA Police Commissioner says the bill will place community safety at risk and allow organised crime to flourish. Pray for this bill to be defeated and for the Nordic model for prostitution law reform to be adopted.
- Human Rights Law Alliance: Pray for HRLA lawyers to have wisdom and favour as they defend Christians who are facing discrimination for their faith. Pray that God will draw many more Christian lawyers to join their alliance.
- Grassroots movement: Praise God for the enthusiasm and activity of ACL volunteers and supporters! Pray that God will bless and encourage them, as their service makes a powerful difference in defending truth in our nation.
- Scott Morrison: Pray for wisdom, strength and encouragement for our Prime Minister, and for unity within his party.
- Churches: Pray for Australian churches to grow in size, spiritual maturity, and effectiveness in discipling members of their communities. Pray that many more Australians will turn to Christ and find a church home to belong to.
- Society: Masculinity and fatherhood is increasingly devalued. Yet there is a critical need for strong, godly men! Pray for the men in our nation to be faithful and loving husbands and fathers. Pray they will be strong in faith, productive and successful in their work, and serve as role models to others in the community. Pray for God's favour and protection on families.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?