“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…” –1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray." –Martyn Iles
Here are some specific prayer requests...
- Changes to Discrimination Act (ACT): A draft bill proposes big changes to the Discrimination Act which will have a significant impact on churches and enable Government overreach into the life of the church. Pray these changes will not be passed.
- Conversion Suppression laws (TAS): The Tasmanian Law Reform Commission is recommending draconian Conversion Suppression laws, and the Premier has expressed his support. Pray that the Christian community will strongly stand against this.
- Changing gendered language (ACT): A bill has been tabled to remove gendered language from all legislation. Pray that this will not be supported.
- Parental Rights Bill (NSW): Pray that the bill will be able to move forward to protect parental rights in law.
- Decriminalising drugs in VIC: A reckless bill has been introduced to decriminalise hard drugs including heroin, ice and MDMA - against advice from medical experts and law enforcement agencies. An expert panel in Victoria will consider a trial. Pray it will be rejected.
- Religious Discrimination Bill (Federal): Work is being done with the Government and the Opposition to find a way forward to provide protections for religious Australians. Pray that this will be achieved.
- Decriminalising Prostitution (SA): This legislation is on the agenda in SA. Pray that it will be rejected.
- Anti-Vilification Bill (Vic): The government supports most of the recommendations we were concerned about, which will restrict free speech. It will take a while to be drafted into a bill. In the meantime, keep praying that freedom of speech will be protected.
- Born Alive Bill (Federal): Pray that the government will allow this private member's bill to be debated and that it will pass - so that babies born alive in failed abortions are given medical care and pain relief.
- Human Rights Law Alliance: Pray for HRLA lawyers to have wisdom and favour as they defend Christians who are facing discrimination for their faith. Pray that God will draw many more Christian lawyers to join their alliance.
- Ukraine: Pray for peace. Pray for protection for Ukrainians who are fighting, and for provision and safety for those who are displaced. Pray that Russia will be thwarted in their efforts to take over the country.
- Afghanistan: Continue to pray for hope, stability and safety for Afghans - especially Christians. Afghanistan has now overtaken North Korea as the world's worst persecutor of Christians.
- Churches: Pray for Australian churches to grow in size, spiritual maturity, and effectiveness in discipling believers. Pray that many more Australians will turn to Christ and find a church home to belong to.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?