“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
(1 Timothy 2:1–4)
- Pray for our leaders, that they would exalt righteousness and reproach sin;
- Pray that God’s people in Australia would live godly lives;
- Pray that the godly life would remain a life of peace and freedom;
- Pray that the testimony of our lives of godliness would be used to spread the truth to all Australians.
What you can pray for today:
- Religious freedom: praise God for the delay in the release of the revised Religious Discrimination Bill 2019 (Cth)! Pray for wisdom for those working on the bill and that the extension of time for its redrafting will result in righteous law. Pray for God’s blessing on Australia, that we could continue to be free to speak the gospel and His Word for salvation. Pray for the government to understand the needs of the people in order to protect their freedoms, and for freedom of religion to be upheld in our nation. Pray that our government acts to protect the freedoms of Christians.
- SA Health Zones Amendment Bill 2019: pray for the defeat or delay of this bill in the vote this Wednesday 4 December. Pray that many Christians will respond and write to their MPs in the SA lower house. Pray that the debate will expose the unbelievable implications of this bill on South Australians' free speech.
- Bushfires: pray for the safety of all fire fighters and volunteers as they battle blazes across NSW and QLD, for strength and protection in unpredictable conditions. Pray for great wisdom for all those making decisions in fighting fires. Pray for comfort, strength and resilience for individuals and communities affected by threat of fire, evacuation, loss of property, devastation and loss of life. Pray for the Australian community, for unity in supporting those facing loss and rebuilding lives, and for all ongoing efforts to fight fires, keep people safe, and protect homes, animals and properties.
- Israel Folau: pray for Israel and his wife Maria as they go through court hearings and legal proceedings and Israel goes through mediation. Pray for God's protection and shield around them, for wisdom and peace. Praise God for Israel and Maria, for their faithful witness in our land, and for all those whose faith has been strengthened.
- SA Nordic Model bill: pray for the drafting of a Nordic Model bill and all who are involved in that work. Pray also for creation of proper exit strategies and resources for prostituted people. Pray that the Nordic model would find favour and gain traction with MPs and to be seen as what is needed for SA. Pray for exposure of the trafficking and exploitation of vulnerable people permitted in current prostitution law. Continue to praise God for the 24 SA members who stood against the prostitution decriminalisation bill, and pray for their protection.
- WA Voluntary Assisted Dying Bill 2019: pray for the Legislative Councillors in WA who are committed to doing their utmost to have the worst features of this unsafe Bill changed. Pray for a miracle that this deadly Bill might yet not become law. Pray especially for the Hon Nick Goiran who is providing excellent leadership.
- ACT chaplains: praise God for everyone who wrote to their MPs in support of keeping chaplains in schools. Pray that the ACT government will change its mind over chaplaincy. Pray for wisdom and guidance for the chaplains, and for protection for the children and schools as they face the loss of invaluable relational and spiritual support chaplains provide to the ACT school community.
- Rain: with many parts of our country facing drought, pray for our farmers, for protection of their lives and families, and for help for them. Pray for the people's hearts to turn to God, that many would find He is a "very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).
- Prime Minister: pray for Scott Morrison, for protection, wisdom and the gift of leadership.
- QLD government's plans to take action against dangerous advertising next year: continue to pray for favour and good relationships to be built with QLD MPs. Pray that the action planned to stop exposure of children to sexualised advertising in QLD would be taken. Continue to pray for the protection of children and students.
- NSW Parliament removing The Lord's Prayer: praise God for Australia’s Christian heritage and traditions which placed The Lord's Prayer as part of the NSW parliament proceedings. Pray that many Christians would contact MPs to ensure that The Lord’s Prayer remains in parliament. It encourages elected representatives to be humble and honour God.
- Euthanasia: pray for many people to raise their voice against euthanasia in QLD and WA.
- Christians: pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [Nov 2019 - Jan 2020]