Join us tonight!
The ACL joins with Christian leaders around Australia to pray every night during COVID-19 @ 19:00 (in your timezone). Be part of a wave of prayer across Australia. Connect with ACLobby on Facebook to see a daily prayer focus. Special prayers for the COVID-19 crisis follow.
“Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be faithful in prayer.”
- Salvation for those searching online:
University of Copenhagen into global Google search patterns during the COVID-19 pandemic, across 150 countries, reveals a surge in online interest in faith, and especially in prayer.
People are hungry to connect with God, even if they don't know Him by name (yet!). Pray for the harvest to come in! God knows these searchers by name. For many, it is their time to discover God's saving grace. Pray that their online searching leads them to the Lord Jesus Christ. In great numbers. A wonderful, if unusual, harvest of precious souls!
- Worship: let's agree together, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven."
Remember what He has brought you through in your life. Remember His faithfulness.
"Let be and be still and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations! I will be exalted in the earth!" (Psalm 46:10)
- Repentance: pray that God would lead Christians in the nation in a heartfelt prayer for repentance. Pray that many people would turn to God. Pray that the light of Christ would shine in people's hearts.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
- Mercy: pray that God would show His mercy to many in this present hardship by awakening their hearts and leading them to repentance.
"…man's extremity is God's opportunity."
"Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."
- Prime Minister Scott Morrison: pray that our Prime Minister would be guided by the Lord at this time, every step of the way.
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…”
(1 Tim 2:1-2a)
- God would achieve his good purposes according to his good plans;
- A great many hearts would turn in humility and repentance towards God – for the salvation of Australians;
- Many would experience God as their refuge and help;
- That many would find church services and Christian content online and be drawn closer to Jesus;
- The spread of the virus be supernaturally slowed;
- The aged and immunocompromised would be especially protected;
- Those in isolation, fear, anxiety or depression would turn to a loving God and be comforted and protected;
- Health workers would be protected and sustained;
- A spirit of fear and panic would be opposed and subdued;
- Those working on the development of a vaccine would succeed in record time;
- Australians remain calm and act wisely;
- The Australian economy be protected from long-term damage;
- Our leaders and decision makers would have great wisdom.
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'… ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
- Martyn Iles: give thanks for Martyn's safe return from the USA, and pray that his health is strong as he emerges from mandatory isolation. Pray for protection, strength, wisdom, energy and protection against opponents.
- Couples and families: as we are spending increased time together, pray that hearts would turn to one another and for peaceful, joyful and graceful living.
- Ungodly agendas: pray against opportunistic, ungodly agendas from activists at this time of crisis and panic, such as the move to bring in DIY abortion in people's homes and euthanasia. Pray such plans would not be able to succeed.
Do continue to pray for the Religious Discrimination Bill, the Nordic Model, and against abortion (SA). Pray that the call for brothels to close and pornography blocked during the COVID-19 crisis be heard and acted upon.
- An activated and connected movement: pray that Christians will be activated and vigilant at this time. Give thanks for the permanent, growing grassroots movement in Australia putting feet to their faith and being salt and light. Pray that much ungodliness would be stopped. Pray for righteous government. Pray that unborn babies might be saved, women freed, the lost reached.
Gracious and loving Father,
In your kindness you have made us so that we might know you.
You have made us so that we might love you and be loved by you.
Lord, thank you for each volunteer across Australia who steps out in faith to bring truth into the public squares.
Soften the hearts of those who receive messages of truth.
Help Australia to fall in love with the unborn and the lost.
Lord, please use us to begin something new in our land that your Son might be glorified.
Through Christ our Lord,
- Salvation for Australians and unity for Christians: pray for salvation and revival for Australia. Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
We all prayed for rain, and rain came to many places. Take courage and heart.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [Feb - Apr 2020]