“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
(1 Timothy 2:1–4)
- Pray for our leaders, that they would exalt righteousness;
- Pray that God’s people in Australia would live godly lives;
- Pray that the godly life would remain a life of peace and freedom;
- Pray that the testimony of our lives of godliness would be used to spread the truth to all Australians.
What you can pray for today:
- Bushfires: pray for comfort and strength for families and communities grieving the loss of loved ones in the fires. Pray for the safety of all those fighting fires, for wisdom in decisions and protection in unpredictable weather conditions. Pray that dangerous weather conditions be averted. Pray for unity in the Australian community, for support for all affected by the fires.
- Prime Minister: pray for Scott Morrison, for protection, wisdom and the gift of leadership. Pray for him particularly at this time as many Australians have endured long periods of stress and hardship due to drought and fires.
- All leaders: pray for Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese, our Premiers and Chief Ministers and all politicians to respond in a compassionate and dignified way to the unfolding human tragedy. Pray for our leaders to exalt righteousness.
- Religious Discrimination Bill: pray for wisdom for those working on the bill and that the added time and consideration will result in righteous law. Pray for the government to understand how to protect Australian’s freedoms, and for freedom of religion to be upheld in our nation.
- Drought: pray for our farmers, for protection of their lives and families, and for help for them. Pray for the people's hearts to turn to God, that many would find He is a "very present help in trouble" (Psalm 46:1).
- Margaret Court: pray for protection for her, against public attack for her 50th anniversary of her grand slam in Melbourne in the next fortnight. Pray for encouragement, wisdom and strength. Give thanks for those showing their support.
- Summer break and return to school: pray for rest and protection over the break. Pray for peace for those with anxiety about a new year or starting at a new school or year level. Pray for faith-based school leaders to be emboldened and protected to uphold the Christian ethos and witness of their schools.
- SA ‘Not Ashamed’ conference: pray many would come to the conference and be blessed. Pray for the protection of all ACL events and public appearances by ACL leaders, staff and supporters across the nation during what looks to be a tough debate on religious freedom in 2020.
- All Christians: pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
- SA Nordic Model Bill: pray for smooth drafting of a Nordic model (escaping prostitution) and that this bill would find favour and gain traction with MPs, to be seen as what is needed for SA. Continue to praise God for the 24 MPs who stood against the Prostitution Decriminalisation Bill, and pray for their protection.
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [Nov 2019 - Jan 2020]