“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Saviour, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
(1 Timothy 2:1–4)
- Pray for our leaders, that they would exalt righteousness;
- Pray that God’s people in Australia would live godly lives;
- Pray that the testimony of our lives of godliness would be used to spread the truth to all Australians.
What you can pray for today:
- National Day of Prayer and Fasting: pray that many would join Christian leaders and churches across Australia at this time, to pray for revival and transformation for Australia, and for the salvation of millions. Pray for the protection for those gathering and for many to humble themselves and turn to God, lifting our country and its people up to the Lord. 2 Chronicles 7:14.
- Religious Discrimination Bill: continue to uphold this in prayer, for wisdom for those reviewing submissions, for righteous government, and for wisdom for leaders so they would know how to best protect people of faith and uphold freedom of religion in Australia.
- For the rain: thank God for the rain that has fallen, as many have prayed for. Pray that rain would continue to fall, dams would fill and rivers would flow to where the water is most needed. Give thanks that the rain has extinguished many bushfires. Pray for the safety of residents and emergency services workers affected by flooding, and that our stewardship of natural resources would put the protection of human lives as the highest priority.
- Franklin Graham: give thanks for preachers of the gospel, and pray that the gospel would be able to heard regardless of the attempts by those in authority to ban the gospel. Pray that preachers would be emboldened and not fear man, and that Christians would stand with them and support them when they are persecuted.
- Abdallah family: pray for the family who lost children in the terrible Oatlands car crash. Pray for the Lord to comfort and help them in their grief and that their testimony of forgiveness would reach many, speak to many and bear much fruit. Pray for Charbel Kassas, 11, a migrant who was injured in the crash, for healing and for provision for his care.
- Against gender fluid ideology: continue to pray that many people would be informed about the deceptive agenda behind proposed bans of gay conversion therapy and stand boldly against this legislation proposed in Qld, Vic and around the country.
- SA Nordic Model Bill: pray for smooth drafting of the Equality Model (or Nordic Model) Bill which provides a way out for women trapped in prostitution. Pray that this bill would find favour and gain traction with MPs, and that the truth would be seen, that no form of prostitution is safe. Continue to praise God for the 24 MPs who stood against the Prostitution Decriminalisation Bill, and pray for their protection.
- Australian Parliament: pray for goodwill, hope and compassion of all who bear responsibility in governments - Commonwealth, State, Territory - together with local authorities to address the issues we face as a nation.
- Prime Minister: pray for Scott Morrison, for protection, wisdom and the gift of leadership.
- All leaders: pray for Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese, our Premiers and Chief Ministers and all politicians and civic leaders to live exemplary lives and exalt righteousness.
- SA ‘Not Ashamed’ conference: pray many would come to the 29 February conference and be blessed. Pray for the protection of all ACL events and public appearances by ACL leaders, staff and supporters across the nation during what looks to be a tough debate on life and religious freedom in 2020.
- Salvation for Australians and unity for Christians: pray for salvation and revival for Australia. Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [Feb - Apr 2020]