Australia needs prayer. Pray for our leaders, that they would exalt righteousness; pray that God’s people in Australia would live godly lives; pray that the testimony of our lives of godliness would be used to spread the truth to all Australians.
“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…”
–1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray."
Join us in prayer…
- Change or Suppression (Conversion) Practices Prohibition Bill 2020 (Vic) - LGBTQ bill: pray that the Victorian Liberal Party stands strong for freedoms for parents and people of faith. Pray that Victorian MPs halt the progress of the Andrews government's radical anti-conversion bill, and that the government ceases using a fear campaign to advance a radical agenda.
- Grassroots movement: pray for all our volunteers, that they may be a voice for righteousness in Australia. Pray for MPs in Victoria, that they may hear and respond to the concerns of Christians and parents regarding the LGBTQ 'change or suppression' bill. Praise God for the growing number of volunteers putting feet to their faith! Pray for the MPs who received calls in South Australia, for blind eyes to be opened, for hearts to be rended when they consider the horrific implementation of abortion to birth legislation. Pray for those registered for our upcoming online forum to hear our Managing Director Martyn Iles, for hearts to be touched by the vision of the grassroots army.
Pray for the growth and equipping of the grassroots movement, that more voices will be raised for truth, that the movement may be salt and light and that more Christians will step out in faith in our nation.
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'… ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’"
- Religious freedom (SA): pray for state parliamentarians in South Australia to uphold religious freedom and resist a Liberal government push to strip religious freedoms from Christian schools and other institutions.
- Abortion-to-birth (SA): pray for encouragement for those that support life in South Australia after the Upper House passed a bill allowing abortion-to-birth and gender selection abortion. Pray for House of Assembly MPs considering the Bill in 2021, and that they would choose life.
- Euthanasia (Qld, Tas): pray for those faced with end of life choices. Pray that the Qld politicians considering these issues in parliament to choose life and hope.
Give thanks that assisted suicide will not be legalised in Tasmania during 2020. Pray for the independent inquiry and submissions made to the inquiry, for the vulnerable and those lacking hope in Tasmania.
- COVID-19 crisis: pray for wisdom for leaders. Pray for Australians facing financial hardship and for research into cures. Continue to pray for the development of an ethical alternative vaccine.
- Scott Morrison: pray that our Prime Minister would be guided by the Lord every step of the way. Pray for wisdom, discernment and protection of him and his family. Pray for unity within his party. Give thanks for his faith. Pray for the gift of leadership.
- Martyn Iles: pray for protection, strength, wisdom, energy and protection against opponents.
- Repentance and unity among Christians: pray that God would lead Christians in the nation in a heartfelt prayer for repentance. Pray that many people would turn to God. Pray that the light of Christ would shine in people's hearts.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
“Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?