“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…”
–1 Tim 2:1-2a
Join us on our knees in prayer…
- Wisdom for leaders: pray for the wisdom of Solomon for leaders dealing with the COVID-19 crisis. Pray for the ways ahead, for a way open to come out of this crisis with hope. Pray for rest and strength for those who are weary. Pray "Lord, Your kingdom come, Your will be done" over our country.
- Coronavirus crisis: pray that the work to stop community transmission would be successful, that the virus would be quickly contained. Pray for Victorians under lockdown, for their wellbeing, and for protection of the elderly and vulnerable from the virus. Pray for hope in this crisis of medical, economical and psychological dimensions. Pray for wisdom and comfort. Pray for protection for those on the frontlines of Australia's health care system, and thank God for our doctors, nurses and other medical professionals, and essential workers.
- Cultural Marxism: pray against the victim narratives and Marxist ideas which so many are finding attractive. Pray particularly for young people, hit by instability and loss of hope. Pray for Christians to discern the truth of what the gospel teaches us - the forgiveness of sin, grace, faith and hope offered to all. Pray for many turn to Jesus. Pray for respect for the rule of law and that people wouldn’t turn to lawlessness. Pray for justice to be done. Pray for strong emotion to be guided into positive social change.
- Scott Morrison MP: pray that our Prime Minister would be guided by the Lord at this time, every step of the way.
- Upcoming state elections in Northern Territory election (22 August) Queensland election (31 October 2020): pray for righteous government. Pray that the results of these elections would mean less euthanasia, less abortion and give greater certainty and stability on the question of religious freedom for all Australians.
- Euthanasia (Tasmania): pray that Tasmanian MPs would do good work on the proposed assisted suicide bill and look beyond emotion to the serious consequences of a poorly drafted bill. Pray for fair and balanced coverage of this important debate. Pray that people of faith will get involved in the debate and raise their voice for truth!
- Exclusion zones around abortion clinics (SA): pray for people to be able to pray! Pray for votes to be in favour of an amendment to allow 'silent prayer' outside abortion clinics in SA. Pray for ways to get help to mothers in desperate, abusive or uncertain situations. Pray for protection of the unborn in Australia.
- Legislation to free women trapped in sexual slavery (Nordic Model): praise God that more countries are adopting this pro-women model of prostitution law reform. Pray that Australia would join these countries, that Australian parliamentarians will embrace this way of reducing prostitution demand, helping women exit prostitution and make it clear that women are not property to be bought and sold. Pray for favour and open doors for meetings with MPs.
- Drug injecting rooms (Vic and WA): pray for more truth to be revealed about the damaging affect of injecting rooms, that people won't be helped to get off drugs that are destroying their lives; that young people are getting the message that taking drugs is ok. Pray for those who are addicted to get off the drugs, and for their families, for help, protection, strength and comfort.
- Childhood gender dysphoria and 'Gay Conversion Therapy': continue to pray for the alarm raised over the surge in childhood gender dysphoria around the country, to be heard. Pray that the dangers of the 'affirmative' method (irreversible chemical and surgical treatment including hormone blockers and castration) promoted by state and territory gender clinics will come into the light. Pray for many voices to be raised to protect Australian children from gender clinics. Also pray for pastors and Christian leaders to be equipped and convicted with boldness to stand for truth.
- Religious freedom: continue to pray for wisdom and a way to bring Godly influence on the re-drafting of this the Religious Discrimination Bill. Pray for righteous government, for wisdom for leaders to know how to protect people of faith and uphold freedom of religion in Australia. Pray that those responsible for drafting this bill will reject submissions sharing hypotheticals and concocted stories designed to erode religious freedom. Pray for God's will to be done.
Continue to pray for the NSW parliamentary inquiry into Latham's Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Religious Freedoms and Equality) Bill 2020, that it would be fair and balanced, and that people of faith make submissions about how their religious freedom is being eroded.
Continue to pray for Katrina Tait and others who are innocent of the vilification complaints raised against them. Pray for HRLA who are assisting them. Pray for resources to defend future cases, and to lobby parliaments to reform laws open to abuse by activists.
- Martyn Iles: pray for protection, strength, wisdom, energy and protection against opponents.
- Grassroots movement: pray for many Christians to be activated and vigilant, putting feet to their faith and being salt and light. Pray for righteous government, for many hearts to be touched and many souls won.
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'… ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
- Repentance and unity among Christians: pray that God would lead Christians in the nation in a heartfelt prayer for repentance. Pray that many people would turn to God. Pray that the light of Christ would shine in people's hearts.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
We all prayed for rain, and rain came to many places. Take courage and heart.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?
Download our latest Prayer Guide [May - July 2020]