“First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions…”
–1 Tim 2:1-2a
"In advocating for religious freedom and the gospel, we must not merely be people who act, but even more importantly, people who pray."
Australia needs prayer. Pray for our leaders, that they would exalt righteousness; pray that God’s people in Australia would live godly lives; pray that the testimony of our lives of godliness would be used to spread the truth to all Australians.
Join us in prayer…
- COVID-19 crisis: Pray for communities across Australia and for people's mental health. Pray for hope, wisdom and comfort for all in a multi-faceted crisis. Pray for protection for those on the frontlines of Australia's health care system and also for those researching cures, for the Lord to show them answers. Pray for the swift development of an ethical alternative vaccine.
- Education and Training Reform Amendment (School Employment) Bill 2020 (Vic): continue to pray, may God protect religious freedom in Victoria so that bills that seek to end chaplaincy or take away religious exemptions won’t be passed.
- Assisted suicide bill (Tas): pray that as the Assisted Suicide Bill is debated in the Upper House next week that there would be a strong movement to expose the extreme danger of this bill. Pray that it would be defeated or strongly opposed. Pray for a movement in Tassie to express strong opposition to this proposal and support for palliative care. Pray that in the Lower House the bill would be defeated or sent to an inquiry so that the dangerous nature of the bill would be exposed.
- Christmas nativity event (WA): give thanks for the Mayoral candidates committed to reinstate the Christmas Nativity event in Perth. Pray for the elections in six weeks time, that Perth councillors and the people of Perth reject political correctness and cancel culture.
- Senator Claire Chandler (Tas): as she faces a complaint in the Tasmanian AD Commission because she wrote that women’s sport should be for biological females. Pray this complaint would be dismissed, that the Senator would continue to speak the truth for women and that the tide of gender theory would be halted and the truth that we are created male and female upheld in public life.
- Scott Morrison MP: pray that our Prime Minister would be guided by the Lord, every step of the way. Pray for wisdom, discernment and protection of him. Pray for unity within his party. Give thanks for his faith. Pray for the gift of leadership.
- 'State of Emergency' (Vic): pray that Victorian politicians in both houses with serve with righteousness and integrity. Pray that the Andrews' government will have better strategies to lead Victoria out of lockdown. May God bring comfort and help to businesses and people who are affected by the lockdowns.
- LGBT agenda and childhood gender dysphoria: pray against the conversion legislation appearing all over the country that proposes to solve a non-existent problem, but instead is shutting down freedoms of free speech and freedom of religion. Continue to pray for the alarm to be raised over childhood gender dysphoria numbers surging around the country. Pray that the dangers of the 'affirmative' method (irreversible chemical and surgical treatment including hormone blockers and castration) promoted by gender clinics will come into the light. Pray for many voices to call governments to protect Australian children. Also pray for pastors and Christian leaders to be equipped and convicted with boldness to stand for truth.
--> In SA: pray that the Marshall Liberal government in South Australia rejects a push from a Labor MP and within their own ranks to ban the non-existent practice of LGBT 'conversion therapy'.
--> In Vic: pray that the Andrews Victorian government postpones or withdraws its proposed LGBT manifesto which disadvantages women, children and faith-based groups.
- Queensland election (31 October 2020): give thanks for the people and parties who are committed to review or roll back Labor's Termination of Pregnancy Act (2018). Pray that the people would vote for righteousness and pray for righteous government. Pray that the result of this election would mean less euthanasia, less abortion and give greater certainty and stability on the question of religious freedom for all Australians.
- Wisdom for leaders: pray for wisdom dealing with the COVID-19 medical crisis, the economic and psychological crisis, and culture of our age. Pray for the paths ahead, for a way for our country to come out of this crisis with hope. Pray for rest and strength for those who are weary. Pray "Lord, Your kingdom come, Your will be done" over our nation.
- Young people: that they may be saved “out of the midst of this wicked generation... to become bright lights shining for God”. Phil 2:14-16
"…all things can be possible for him who believes!” (Jesus, Mark 9:22-24)
- Religious freedom: pray that Godly influence would be brought to bear on the re-drafting of the Religious Discrimination Bill and that this would be brought forward again. Pray for righteous government, for wisdom for leaders to know how to protect people of faith and uphold freedom of religion in Australia. Pray that those responsible for drafting this bill will reject submissions sharing hypotheticals and concocted stories designed to erode religious freedom. Pray for God's will to be done.
--> In NSW: continue to pray for the NSW parliamentary inquiry into Latham's Anti-Discrimination Amendment (Religious Freedoms and Equality) Bill 2020, that the outcome would be fair and balanced.
Continue to pray for all those who are innocent of the vilification complaints raised against them. Pray for HRLA who are assisting them. Pray for resources to defend future cases, and to lobby parliaments to reform laws open to abuse by activists.
- Martyn Iles: pray for protection, strength, wisdom, energy and protection against opponents.
- Grassroots movement: give thanks for everyone in the ACT who spoke to their MPs and raised their voice for truth and for families! Continue to pray for wisdom for everyone involved around the country in the grassroots. You are making a difference!
Pray for many Christians to be activated and vigilant, putting feet to their faith and being salt and light. Pray for this movement to be useful in bringing righteous government in Australian, for many hearts to be touched and souls won.
"'And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength'… ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’"
- Repentance and unity among Christians: pray that God would lead Christians in the nation in a heartfelt prayer for repentance. Pray that many people would turn to God. Pray that the light of Christ would shine in people's hearts.
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."
Pray for unity among Christians, as Jesus prayed from John 17, that we all might be together in heart and in purpose, in Christ.
"Behold, how good and pleasant it is when brothers dwell in unity! It is like the precious oil…"
“Righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people.”
Have you got our latest Prayer Guide?